Provide financial leadership for the Corning HTL Warsaw, as well as, the plant finance department in meeting all financial and managerial accounting requirements. The date of employment will be 1 of June 2023.
- Lead the finance function for the Plant and be a key member and decision maker of the management staff and report on key plant operational and accounting metrics.
- Manage and influence resources to ensure timely and accurate completion of accounting activities, including fixed asset management, inventory valuation, product costing, period closing & reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and overall asset and liability control.
- Analyze and report on key plant operational and accounting metrics. Present plant financial performance in various forums as required.
- Provide finance expertise and decision support to business leaders in support of the division strategy.
- Provide to leadership timely, in-month analyses of variations to targets and mitigation options before period close.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and support engineering in identifying and calculating Cost Reduction opportunities for various projects / initiatives.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of Polish VAT declaration and payments to the tax office on monthly basis. Maintain documentation in compliance with Polish VAT rules.
- Ensure timely and accurate Company Income tax calculation and payments to the tax office according to the Polish CIT regulations. Maintain documentation in compliance with Polish Income tax regulations.
- Ensure compliance to other Polish tax requirements like MDR, Transfer Pricing.
- Manage the statutory financial audits, preparing documentation and assist auditors. Comply with Polish Financial and Accounting Standards.
- Ensure appropriate support of CLS’s divisional requirements and Corning Finance functions.
- Ensure a strong internal control environment. Comply with US GAAP and Corning accounting policies. Maintain documentation in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Experience resolving compliance and reporting issues, providing recommendations to improve processes and guidance to junior colleagues.
- Fundamental understanding on plant / product costs.
- Ability to take on various ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- Other functions and projects as assigned in support of plant, company operations, and business objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 years of relevant experience; preferable Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Polish accounting standards
- Deep knowledge of financial and management accounting, understanding of financial controls
- Knowledge of Polish VAT and Polish Income tax regulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both English and Polish)
- Ability to be comfortable interacting and communicating with all aspects of the business, including plant staff and senior managers
- Fluent in English
- Strong computer skills and strong knowledge/experience with ERP systems
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Competitive salary according to experience & competences
- Annual bonus
- Manager’s bonus
- Private medical care
- Social benefits fund
- Multisport card
- Flexible working hours